Alice Cooper says reality show ‘The Osbournes’ ruined Ozzy Osbourne’s career
Friday, November 2, 2007
Cooper said he felt that by allowing daily life in his house to be broadcast to the world, he destroyed the mystery that had previously surrounded him.
“Most fans thought he lived in a big, dark castle with skeletons in the cellar.” said Cooper.
“When that show aired they knew he was just some guy who potters around his Beverly Hills mansion.
“It was meant to be some kind of comedy but the audience was laughing at Ozzy, not with him. And as a close friend, that made me very sad.”
Meanwhile, both artists have related news this week. Finnish solo symphonic power metal soprano Tarja Turunen, most famous as the former Nightwish frontwoman, has released a 30-second preview of her cover version of Alice Cooper’s top ten hit Poison, which will feature on her upcoming album My Winter Storm.
Cooper himself has stated that during an upcoming tour he will replicate a mock hanging for the first time after a near-fatal accident performing the same stunt in 1988, only this time he will also be wearing a straightjacket.
Meanwhile, Ozzy has blamed illegal music downloads for poor sales of his latest album Black Rain, saying that the low sales have forced him into a 90-gig world tour that he has admitted he can barely cope with.
- “Ozzy Blames Pirates For Album Flop” — , November 2, 2007
- “Cooper To Perform Hanging Trick At Concert” — , November 2, 2007
- Kimberley Dadds. “Cooper: TV show ruined Ozzy’s career” — , November 1, 2007
- “Cooper Brands Ozzy ‘A Joke’” — , November 1, 2007
- “Tarja Turunen’s Cover Of Alice Cooper’s ‘Poison’; Audio Sample Available” — , October 28, 2007